Android 12 support issues v5.7.1267

Description
App will crash for two reasons of the of following reasons.

1. JNI DETECTED ERROR IN APPLICATION: JNI CallIntMethodV called with pending exception java.lang.SecurityException: getCallState: Neither user 10526 nor current process has android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE. is the error but we have this permission on the manifest file

Even though we have the permission. If i manually set permissions we get to the final error/crash from the zoom SDK.

1. Log is the following: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to create service com.zipow.videobox.share.ScreenShareServiceForSDK: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: com.campgladiator: Targeting S+ (version 31 and above) requires that one of FLAG_IMMUTABLE or FLAG_MUTABLE be specified when creating a PendingIntent. Strongly consider using FLAG_IMMUTABLE, only use FLAG_MUTABLE if some functionality depends on the PendingIntent being mutable, e.g. if it needs to be used with inline replies or bubbles.

Which Android Meeting SDK version?
v5.7.1267

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Use a phone with Android 12 beta
  2. Try joining a meeting
  3. notice crash/errors
  4. See error

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem.

Smartphone (please complete the following information):

• Device: [Pixel 3a]

Additional context
Only occurs when on devices that are running s+ (sdk 31 and above)

Hi @ozan, thanks for the post.

This appears to be an issue related to a new requirement introduced in Android 12 where each PendingIntent must explicitly declare whether or not it is mutable.

Since this is internal to the SDK, I do not believe there is any way around this in the current version of the SDK. We also do not yet have official support for Android 12 yet, so I cannot guarantee that we will have a resolution for this until support is added.

That being said, this does not seem like a very complex or risky fix, so I think it is reasonable for us to investigate whether or not it is something that could be resolved prior to achieving official Android 12 support in order to enable developers to get a head-start on doing the same with their apps. I will keep you updated as soon a we have any new information to share on that front. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

1 Like

Running into another issue with the sdk. App is crashing since the sdk is not updated for android 12 changes with bluetooth permissions. Unfortunately our user base contains over 1000 users using android 12 beta. We need a updated sdk for the user experience.

See offical documentation here: New Bluetooth permission

Hey @ozan,

@jon.zoom is currently out, but will return this week to follow up with you :slight_smile:

Thanks!
Michael

Hi @ozan,

Unfortunately as our SDK does not yet target Android 12, we cannot add support for this change. Once support for Android 12 is released, this issue should be resolved. We do not yet have an exact timeline on when this will happen, but be sure to keep an eye on our release notes for the most up-to-date information on SDK releases.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.