Android app crashes on start meeting, after update Zoom SDK 4.6.21666.0427 to 5.0.24437.0708

Description
My app worked fine with Zoom SDK 4.6.21666.0427. I updated to use 5.0.24437.0708.

The app now crashes after calling MeetingService.joinMeetingWithParams like this:

android.app.RemoteServiceException: Bad notification for startForeground: java.lang.RuntimeException: invalid channel for service notification: Notification(channel=zoom_notification_channel_id pri=0 contentView=null vibrate=null sound=null defaults=0x0 flags=0x4a color=0xff9e9e9e vis=PRIVATE semFlags=0x0 semPriority=0 semMissedCount=0)
at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1872)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:106)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:214)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:7050)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:494)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:965)

Which version?

Smartphone (please complete the following information):

• Device: Pixel 4 (Android 11). Nexus 5X (Android 8.1)

I think it’s notification bug, not SDK bug, you should create notification channel since android >= 8.1.
Ref: service - startForeground fail after upgrade to Android 8.1 - Stack Overflow

I believe I am creating the notification channel.

My app is calling MeetingSettingsHelper.setConfNotificatonChannelId(“my channel name”) after ZoomSDK.getInstance().initialize() has completed. And I have already created a channel with this ID.

To be clear - this is code I have had in my app for a long time. It was working with Zoom SDK 4.6.21666.0427.

I see this in the Zoom CHANGELOG:

• Fixed an issue that the interface setConfNotificatonChannelId results in unexpected behavior on Android 8.0.

If I remove the call to setConfNotificatonChannelId from my app, then I no longer see the crash. BUT - the ZoomSDK will no longer use the notification channel that I want.

I just found this duplicate issue App notification crash after sdk update where you say not to provide a notification channel ID.
Can you provide more information on when/how I can customize this.