Unable to navigate to Zoom meeting screen after updating to Zoom Android SDK v4.4.55130.0712

Description
I am unable to open zoom meeting screen after closing my android app from Recent screen. Notification is still shown but when I click on it, nothing happens. Zoom meeting screen is not shown and meeting is not ended as well.
On reopening the app, notification is also gone. Meeting is still in progress in background but there is no way to access it.
This issue happened after I updated Zoom Android SDK to latest version (v4.4.55130.0712). Before that, It worked fine.

To Reproduce
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Start zoom meeting.
  2. Press on “Home” button and put app in background. (Notification with call in progress will be shown)
  3. Open “Recent Apps” list and close your app.
  4. App is closed but notification will still be shown.

Smartphone:

• Device: Pixel 2
  • Mobile SDK Version: v4.4.55130.0712

Hi ashoukat,

Thanks for using Zoom SDK and thanks for the post. I will pass this information to our engineering team and investigate on it.

Please follow our Github repo on future updates.

Thanks!

Hi ashoukat,

Thanks for the post. The situation you are mentioning is a well known issue in the Android system, it is not only related to our SDK. One solution for this is:

1. Disable the notification using https://zoom.github.io/zoom-sdk-android/us/zoom/sdk/MeetingSettingsHelper.html#disableShowMeetingNotification-boolean-
  2. If you would like to have the notification, you can implement your own push notification and handle this situation there.

Hope this helps! Thanks!

Hi Carson,
thanks for replying.

Everything used to work fine in previous releases of Zoom Android SDK. I faced this issue after updating my app to latest version (4.4.55130.0712). This means issue is related to Zoom Android SDK. Meeting screen is shown when user clicks on notification in older sdk releases.

I have attached screenshot of notification that is shown.

home

Hi ashoukat,

Thanks for the reply and the screenshot. I understand. Based on the steps to reproduce this in your first post:

1. When the meeting starts, our SDK sends a push notification to the Android OS and this notification appears. Then we press the home button to put the app into the background.
  2. Then you use the system’s command “Recent App” to close the Android SDK app, the app is terminated, and the meeting is ended. However, the notification is in the Android OS and it does not know the app has been terminated.
  3. When you press the notification, the app that the Android OS is looking for is not there anymore. Thus nothing happens. Ideally the notification should disappear but this part is controlled by the Android OS.
  4. I tested that when the meeting is still on and the SDK app is still running, you will be able to return to the meeting screen by pressing the notification.

If you have special needs or use cases that require activating the SDK app by pressing the notification even if the SDK app has been terminated, you can disable the SDK notification using: https://zoom.github.io/zoom-sdk-android/us/zoom/sdk/MeetingSettingsHelper.html#disableShowMeetingNotification-boolean-, and implement your own notification:https://developer.android.com/training/notify-user/build-notification

Hope this helps. Thanks!