Disable zoom on going notification when meeting started

Description
Is it possible to disable the “Meeting in progress” zoom notification displayed when meeting is started. As I have already tried using the interface MeetingSettingsHelper and its method disableShowMeetingNotification(true) , but I am unable to disable it and show my custom notification instead. As this is affecting for most of the android versions (> Android Pie(28)) and are not able to receive that notification and not able to start the meeting. So I am trying to display my own notification instead and I could able to achieve it but not able to disable zoom notification.

My question is kindly provide an example scenario to achieve disabling notification flow and how to get the channelId of the zoom notification disaplayed so that I could disable it.

Kindly suggest a solution for us to proceed further as it causing a bigger impact.

Which version?
v4.6.21666.0429 - Latest Version

Smartphone:

• Version - Android versions > API LEVEL 28

Hi @abhishekt,

Thanks fo the post. After consulting the engineering team on this, the meeting notification cannot be disabled as it is a system requirement. However, you could customize the notification by using the interface
setCustomizedNotificationData(CustomizedNotificationData data, InMeetingNotificationHandle handle) in MeetingSettingsHelper(https://zoom.github.io/zoom-sdk-android/us/zoom/sdk/MeetingSettingsHelper.html#setCustomizedNotificationData-us.zoom.sdk.CustomizedNotificationData-us.zoom.sdk.InMeetingNotificationHandle-).

You could call this interface after successfully initialized the SDK

InMeetingNotificationHandle handle=new InMeetingNotificationHandle() {

@Override
        public boolean handleReturnToConfNotify(Context context, Intent intent) {
            intent = new Intent(context, MyMeetingActivity.class);
            intent.addFlags(Intent.FLAG_ACTIVITY_REORDER_TO_FRONT);
            if(!(context instanceof Activity)) {
                intent.addFlags(Intent.FLAG_ACTIVITY_NEW_TASK);
            }
            intent.setAction(InMeetingNotificationHandle.ACTION_RETURN_TO_CONF);
            context.startActivity(intent);
            return true;
        }
    };
ZoomSDK.getInstance().getMeetingSettingsHelper().setCustomizedNotificationData(null, handle);

You could refer to the implementation in our demo app: https://github.com/zoom/zoom-sdk-android/blob/master/mobilertc-android-studio/sample/src/main/java/us/zoom/sdksample/ui/InitAuthSDKActivity.java#L123

Hope this helps. Thanks!

thanks @carson.zoom it works

Glad to hear it is working. Happy Zooming

Notification issue is fixed but , as soon as they click on join they are not able to navigate to zoom meeting on certain devices. For most of the users its working properly. Can I know what might be issue. If I produce the log_file will you be able to identify ? @carson.zoom

Hi @abhishekt,

Thanks for the reply. Which devices(and their OS version) that are having this issue? Is our demo app not working on those devices as well?

Thanks!

1 Like