Angular Web Starter Failing

Description
The Angular Web starter is not working. I cloned from the repo and then substituted my own credentials. It just doesn’t work. This is extremely frustrating as I expect the official example app to work.

Error

Which version?

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Check out the zoom-angular-starter-web github repo
  2. Create Valid credentials for the api key and signature endpoint
  3. Attempt to operate the application

Screenshots
See Above.

Hey @michael.sila.jobs,

Something is most likely wrong with your Web SDK signature. Can you share it with developersupport@zoom.us so I can debug it?

Can you also please try upgrading to Web SDK version 1.7.10?

Thanks,
Tommy

app.post('/',(req,resp) => {
const timestamp = new Date().getTime() - 30000;
const zoomRequest = req.body as ZoomRequest;
const msg = Buffer.from(`${Config.apiKey}${zoomRequest.meetingNumber}${timestamp}${zoomRequest.role}`).toString('base64');
const hash = crypto.createHmac('sha256', Config.apiSecret).update(msg).digest('base64');
const signature = Buffer.from(`${Config.apiKey}.${zoomRequest.meetingNumber}.${timestamp}.${zoomRequest.role}.${hash}`).toString('base64');
resp.json({
    signature
})

})

I followed the online guide, and did some simple conversion to typescript. After upgrading to Zoom 1.7.10, it is giving me an error that the meeting number is not found. Do I have to create a meeting separately and then have the angular app connect to that specific meeting number? If so, I would expect that in the README

Hey @michael.sila.jobs,

Yes, the meeting ID you pass in needs to be a real, live Zoom meeting.

Appreciate the feedback, we will look into adding that to the README.

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.