Angular sample websdk app (SDK v 1.7.8) does not connect

Hi

I am getting this error while trying to run the angular sample app with websdk. The only think I changed is the version to 1.7.8 and run “npm install” again.

Your connection has timed out and you cannot join the meeting. Verify your network connectivity and try again.

Please help.

version: 1.7.8
Browser: chrome
signature:

FYI, I generated the signature locally using the sample signature app.

Hey @Amar,

It does not appear that you generated your signature properly. It should look something more like this:

``

Please make sure you are passing in all the parameters for the signature:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy,

Thanks for the guide, I think I am able to get the accurate signature now. The problem still persists, The app gives a timeout while connecting.

Here is the new signature

Hey @Amar,

The signature looks correct, however I see you are on a Basic Free plan. To use the Web SDK you need at least a Pro plan. Please upgrade and it should work. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks @tommy

Quick question, if I use a pro account to setup a meeting, do the participants need pro accounts to join the meeting using my web app?

@tommy I upgraded the account to pro, still have the same issue. Screenshot below.

Hi @Amar,

Can you upgrade to 1.7.9 and see if you get another message? We introduced detailed errors that would help us investigate the issue further.

@michael_p.zoom Never mind, I regenerated the API Secret and that fixed the issue. Thanks!

Will upgrade to the latest SDK soon. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Happy to hear you figured out the issue! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy