Annotations with Custom UI? (Android)

Description
Hello! I’m looking to add Zoom’s annotation functionality to my application. Due to the nature of the device I am developing for (a head-mounted display), I only need my users to be able to see annotations from the host/other users, not create them.

When I try to annotate during a screen-share from the host side (using the desktop app), I can’t see any of the notes or drawings on my SDK app. I’m having trouble locating anything specific about seeing annotations when using a custom UI – do you have any resources or documentation available for properly implementing annotations on Android apps? Can you provide any tips or advice on where to begin?

Which Android Meeting SDK version?

Reproducible Steps:
N/A

Screenshots:
N/A

Smartphone (please complete the following information):

• Device: Navigator-500
  • Version: 11

Additional context
Digging around, my guess is that I can use a MobileRTCShareView and allow my app to display it over other apps in order to see annotations, but I didn’t find much more detail as far as setting things up. My understanding is that annotations fall under the functionality made available via the InMeetingShareController, but what specific API calls are involved in seeing annotations from others? Will it simply work if I just implement a ShareView and start screen-share? Anything that could point me in the right direction or put me on the right track would be appreciated!

1 Like

@TaylorDev ,

Thank you for posting in the Zoom Developer Forum and apologies for the missed response. You are heading in the right direction with your implementation. To better understand the user experience you would like to provide, can you share a screenshot of the annotations along with any error you are seeing?