API for Business IM - send group message

Are there any plans to extend the API to allow sending group messages?

Hi Geoff,

Currently the API doesn’t support sending Group, or Individual, messages. Thanks for the request.

Wait, wut?

What all these claims about having an API then? Those are strictly for organizing users and meetings, who needs that?

Hi Daniel,

Lots of people need that.

Slack is a messaging platform first, we are a Video Conferencing platform first. We are investing and working heavily on chat and messaging at this time and plan to expand the API as soon as those features are available. 

Thanks.

It seems you got almost all the way there, then stopped. 

Is this feature on the road map?

To get others to appreciate this tool, is seems it’s going to be necessary to draw them into it. If I can automate messages to these groups, it might be possible to do just that. So as they deploy things for example, the script they used might post messages to the room. Thus, alerting all members to the fact that something important just happened. 

I’ve asked Zoom this question every 6 months for the last 18 months and they have said it is not on their roadmap. This is their last response in April:

Hi Joel,

I would like to inform you that our developers do not have any current plans on implementing this feature. I apologize for the inconvenience. However, this has been placed in their feature request list for further evaluation on a release at a later time. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks
Stefan

----- 

Hi,

I have looked thought your developer APIs and am wondering if your team has added the ability to send a notification to a  group pro grammatically. We have moved to you from hipchat and we had those apis available. Things like Jenkins can send chat services notifications when a build has been completed. 

Is this something your APIs have somewhere that I have missed ? If not, where is it on the road map ?

Kind Regards,

Joel Sapp

check out https://developer.zoom.us/blog/zoom-messaging-apis-are-now-available-thorough-marketplace/