API for ending user's current meeting?

Description
I am hoping to use instant meetings to create ad-hoc zoom meetings for users, and join them with the web client. But if the user has another instant meeting already going, then

1. The meeting does not show up in the “list meetings” API call
  2. The web client does not automatically provide a user interface for the user to end the other meeting themselves.

Is there an API call or combination of calls that can end the user’s current live meeting no matter what?

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAuth

Hey @riley,

You can end a meeting via the update meeting status endpoint:

https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/meetings/meetingstatus

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks @tommy, but don’t I need the meeting ID for that endpoint?

I don’t have the ID on hand, and instant meetings don’t show up in the List Meetings endpoint… so how can I reach the live meeting to end it?

Hey @riley,

I believe you can call the GET /metrics/meetings endpoint to list the live instant meetings.

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks for your response. It sounds like to be sure I am ending the user’s current live meetings, the recommended approach would be:

1. Use GET /metrics/meetings?type=live for a full list of live meetings across the Account
  2. Use GET /users/me for the email address of the current User
  3. Look through the results of step 1 for host emails matching the user in step 2 (potentially paging through many pages of results for large zoom Accounts)
  4. end any matching meetings with POST /meetings/{meetingId}/status

Am I understanding correctly?

Hey @riley,

I believe step 2 is not needed as you only need the meetingID to end the meeting.

Thanks,
Tommy