How to end all meetings hosted by a user so that a new hosted meeting can be started?

In Zoom it is not possible for a user to host multiple meeting simultenously: If you try to use the Zoom SDK to join a meeting X as a host but a live meeting Y exists that is hosted by the same user, the SDK will fail to join meeting X. How do I end all other live meetings hosted by the same user?

Normally I’d expect that I’d be able to use (GET /users/{userId}/meetings) to list all live meetings, and then use (PUT /meetings/{meetingId}/status) to end each live meeting one by one. However as I noted in 1, the (GET /users/{userId}/meetings) endpoint does not appear to work.

Has anyone else been able to cancel all other hosted meetings by some other method?

Hey @david.foster,

There can only be one other meeting hosted by the user. The only endpoint we have for ending meetings is the Update Meeting Status endpoint.

Just replied to your post here, let me know if that clears things up:

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks @tommy, that context on the List Meetings endpoint is useful.

How do I discover the ID of a meeting hosted by the user if it’s not returned by the List Meetings endpoint (so that I can end it with the Update Meeting Status endpoint )? Is there some other API endpoint I can use to discover 1-person live hosted meetings for a particular user?

Hi @david.foster, the Meetings API will return all scheduled meetings of the user, including meetings which are not yet ‘live’.

It sounds like if I were to only use scheduled meetings, I would also see 1-person scheduled meetings in the Meetings API. (1-person instant messages, as mentioned above, apparently aren’t returned by the Meetings API.)

So then if my application only created scheduled meetings (rather than instant meetings), it could always detect dangling meetings created by the application. I’ll look into this approach.

Hey @david.foster,

You can use the Meeting Started Webhook or the List Live Meetings endpoint.

Thanks,
Tommy