API to determine if a user has any cloud recording

Description
I would like to be able to do an API call to determine is a user has any cloud recordings.

Error
I can look up a users recordings for a month at a time but I just want to know if they have any recordings. I do not need al the actual recordings.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
using JWT

Which Endpoint/s?
Knowing the API endpoint/s can help us to identify your issue faster. Please link the ones you need help/have a question with.

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Request URL / Headers (without credentials) / Body
  2. See error

Screenshots (If applicable)
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem.

Additional context
Add any other context about the problem here.

Hey @drm4u

Thanks for posting on the Zoom Devforum! I am still learning, but I will try my best to help answer your question. :slightly_smiling_face:

Checkout these related threads that may have the answer you are looking for:

If these threads did not help, please let us know by replying back here and someone from the Developer Relations team will get back to you shortly.

Thanks,
DeveloperBot

the suggestion did not help resolve my issue.

Hey @drm4u,

You can use the Get Users Cloud Recordings endpoint to see if the user has cloud recording/s.

If that does not answer your question, please share your use case so I understand what you are trying to do.

Thanks,
Tommy

Tommy, I looked at that option but that endpoint will only check a month at a time. If I have a user that has had an account for 3 year I have to iterate through it 36 times just to answer the question Does this user have any cloud recording? That may not be to bad for a few users but often I am checking thousands of accounts.

All I really want to know is does a user have any recordings. I do not need to see them I just want to know if any exist.

A field on the User Export function in the portal that contained a value that indicated a user had a recording or the number of recordings would give me what I need but since it does not I need to find a way to do it with API calls.

Hey @drm4u,

Gotcha thanks for clarifying your use case.

Please submit a feature request here: #feature-requests to add a recording_count property to the Get User API.

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.