API to get list of shared files or uploaded files in the chat channel or during meetings

I want to get the list of the files that were shared or uploaded.
Is there any API that I can use to achieve this?

Hi @rcasimina,

While this is a great suggestion, we don’t currently have any API endpoints to retrieve in-meeting Chat or files sent in chat during a meeting. You will need to save these locally before the meeting ends.

However, I can certainly appreciate the use case for this. If you’re so inclined, I might recommend submitting a feature request for this here: #feature-requests

Thanks,
Will

Hi @will.zoom ,

Thanks for the reply.
You mentioned “You will need to save these locally before the meeting ends.”, does this means that Zoom doesn’t save a copy of the file in your server? Once the meeting was over or ended, the files also disappears?

How about sharing and uploading files in the Chat (not chat in the meeting)?

And for the use case, we want to monitor the activities of every user included in a Zoom account, and while knowing what activities user do, we also what kind of information the user is sharing, like file name of the file, to whom he send it, etc.

I also checked the Webhook events, and it seems there is also no event when user uploaded/shared a file, right?

Thanks,

Hey @rcasimina,

I’m happy to help out here!

Once the meeting was over or ended, the files also disappears?

That’s correct, you’ll want to save the files locally before the meeting ends.

How about sharing and uploading files in the Chat (not chat in the meeting)?

While we have an API to send a chat message there isn’t a way to add an attachment to that request, currently.

we want to monitor the activities of every user included in a Zoom account, and while knowing what activities user do, we also what kind of information the user is sharing, like file name of the file, to whom he send it, etc.

We don’t have an API to retrieve a user’s messages. As you’ve seen, there isn’t an available Webhook either. If you would like this feature to be considered for a future release, I recommend posting in the Feature Requests category as well.

Thanks,
Max

@MaxM Thanks for the reply.

While we have an API to send a chat message there isn’t a way to add an attachment to that request, currently.

I’m asking about files in the chat function that is not in the meeting. Those files are not being deleted, right? So these files are in the Zoom servers, right? There should be a way to retrieve the list of those files because in chat function in the Zoom client, I can view all the files uploaded in the chat.

But since there is no API yet, with regards to files, we can not retrieve the list of files as of the moment.
We are just exploring around the webhook on how to monitor user’s activities more closely.

Thanks,

Hey @rcasimina,

Thank you for the update. There isn’t currently an API to reference the files sent in Zoom Chat. While they are stored on Zoom Servers, we don’t expose access to that API right now.

I think this is an excellent feature request though! That would certainly be useful for administrators.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.