List Past Meeting Files API does not return any info about the shared files

Hi Team,

I am trying the Files API to get the information of the files I shared during a meeting, but the API doesn’t seem to behave as expected.

I tried the API 5, 15 and 30mins after the meeting was concluded but every time I got the response as:
{ 'in_meeting_files': [], 'total_records': 0}

I also tried to get list of participants of the same meeting and that API worked perfectly.

Please let me know how to make the File API work.

Hey @nitish,

Can you try calling the Files API after the recording completed event has fired?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy,

Does this mean that Files API only list the files of a recorded meeting?

What about the files shared in a normal meeting which isn’t recorded?

Thanks,
Nitish

Hey @nitish,

It just might take longer than usual to be able to access the files.

Can you try again and see if you can access those files?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy,

I tried it again with a new meeting, but still the API didn’t show the files transferred during the meeting.

The meeting was a normal meeting (not recorded).

Can you please help in making the API work.

Thanks,
Nitish

Hey @nitish,

Yes I will help, please private message me your meetingID so we can look at the logs.

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy
I’m having the same issue.
I have cloud recording + transcript enabled.
I had a meeting where I send a file in chat, but when trying to get the file via API I get: {“total_records”:0,“in_meeting_files”:}

I sent the request after I got a webhook notification that “recordings.completed” and “transcript_completed”.
GET https://api.zoom.us/v2/past_meetings/81503575172/files

Is there a known issue here?

Hey @yoavc,

Thanks for the additional details, we are looking into this and will provide you with an update soon. (ZOOM-160004)

-Tommy

Hi All
same issue for me no files returned.
I actually get the error meeting does not exist. Having checked the meeting it is in the previous meetings list but the meeting details (API) still shows status “waiting”
Regards

Hey @shoeb,

Is your meeting a recurring meeting? What are you passing in as the meetingId when calling the List Past Meeting Files endpoint?

Have you tried passing in the meetingUUID instead of the meetingID?

Thanks,
Tommy

Yes I am using meeting Id. I tried with uuid as well and same error Meeting does not exist.

Hey @shoeb,

What is your meetingUUID. I will look into the logs for you.

Thanks,
Tommy

I’m also still having this issue.
Can you look into these meetings for me?

/v2/past_meetings/6G1ziub6Rky9yPxJWj3FIQ==/files
/v2/past_meetings/I49sqgxQQgq3zZvB76047Q==/files

Hey @yoavc,

This endpoint will not return any data if you only have one person in the meeting. Please try again with at least two people in the meeting.

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Hey @yoavc, @shoeb, @nitish,

Our engineering team abruptly deprecated this endpoint.

" Note: This API has been deprecated and is no longer supported due to GCM encryption updates for security purposes."

Some updates need to be made to this endpoint to make it work again. Can you please provide your use case for needing this API, the List Past Meeting Files API so I can encourage this to be a priority?

Thanks,
Tommy