App updated to latest Android SDK no longer allows user to end meeting

Description
The latest SDK, when used to build an app built and tested using the previous version, no longer pops up the End Meeting button or the Camera Swap button during a joined meeting.
This is a highly locked down application only allowing the end user to join scheduled meetings and end them. I need to get this fixed urgently.

Which version?
v5.2.41727.0928 does not work.
v5.0.24437.0708 worked fine and was the original build SDK.

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Create a meeting with the following meeting options:
meetingOpts.no_titlebar = false;
meetingOpts.no_meeting_end_message = true;
meetingOpts.no_bottom_toolbar = true;
meetingOpts.no_dial_in_via_phone = true;
meetingOpts.no_dial_out_to_phone = true;
meetingOpts.no_driving_mode = true;
meetingOpts.no_share = true;
meetingOpts.no_invite = true;
meetingOpts.no_meeting_error_message = true;
meetingOpts.no_webinar_register_dialog = true;
meetingOpts.meeting_views_options = MeetingViewsOptions.NO_BUTTON_SHARE + MeetingViewsOptions.NO_BUTTON_VIDEO + MeetingViewsOptions.NO_TEXT_MEETING_ID +MeetingViewsOptions.NO_TEXT_PASSWORD;

Smartphone (please complete the following information):

• Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab A (SM-t515)
  • Version: Android v10, OneUI v2.1

Hi @john.a.stevens, thanks for the post.

We’re sorry to hear you are running into this issue and will do our best to resolve it as soon as we are able. In order for us to reliably reproduce this, can you please provide some additional context from your use case? Specifically, the code you posted does not show the type of user or the actual call into the join/start meeting method. If you can include that additional information, we can begin investigating this behavior.

Thanks!

Hi Jon,
Due to the sensitivity of the application, I cannot divulge too much.
Essentially, as you can see from the meeting settings, it is very locked down. The only things the end user can do is swap the camera and end the meeting.

The users are all e-mail users, and are licensed in a Sub Account of our Enterprise Account. They are the hosts of any meeting, and can only choose a meeting to join that is scheduled for them from a list.

Here is the full code block that starts the meeting:
StartMeetingOptions meetingOpts = ZoomMeetingUISettingHelper.getMeetingOptions();
StartMeetingParams4NormalUser params = new StartMeetingParams4NormalUser();
params.meetingNo = String.valueOf(item.getMeetingNumber());

meetingOpts.no_titlebar = false;
		meetingOpts.no_meeting_end_message = true;
		meetingOpts.no_bottom_toolbar = true;
		meetingOpts.no_dial_in_via_phone = true;
		meetingOpts.no_dial_out_to_phone = true;
		meetingOpts.no_driving_mode = true;
		meetingOpts.no_share = true;
		meetingOpts.no_invite = true;
		meetingOpts.no_meeting_error_message = true;
		meetingOpts.no_webinar_register_dialog = true;
		meetingOpts.meeting_views_options = MeetingViewsOptions.NO_BUTTON_SHARE + MeetingViewsOptions.NO_BUTTON_VIDEO + MeetingViewsOptions.NO_TEXT_MEETING_ID +MeetingViewsOptions.NO_TEXT_PASSWORD;
		//start the meeting
		Log.d(TAG,"Starting meeting " + item.getMeetingNumber());
		Toast.makeText(this, "Starting Meeting.  Please wait....", Toast.LENGTH_LONG).show();
		meetingService.startMeetingWithParams(this, params, meetingOpts);

If you can communicate directly with me, I would be happy to share the full code. It is essentially a hack of the SDK sample module, as I could never get a stand alone application to build using the libraries from the SDK.
Cheers

Hi @john.a.stevens, thanks for the additional information.

If there is something you may only share privately, please send it to developersupport@zoom.us so that we can help diagnose this issue. If possible, a screenshot of the UI you are seeing would be helpful as well.

Thanks!

Thanks Jon,
I have sent some things through.
Cheers

Hi @john.a.stevens, thanks for sending that info over.

This is happening when no_bottom_toolbar is set to true. This seems to be behaving incorrectly (obviously) since the end meeting button is not part of the bottom toolbar. We will file a ticket and investigate this behavior internally.

Thanks!

Thanks Jon,
Appreciate the efforts.
Can you please ping me when a fixed version of the SDK is available?
Much appreciated.
Cheers

Hi @john.a.stevens,

We just released a new version of the SDK today in which this issue should be resolved. If you are still seeing the same behavior after upgrading to the latest version, let me know.

Thanks!

Thanks Jon,
Sorry it has taken me so long to see this and respond. Lost in my inbox flood. It may be a while until I can actually test this out for you.
Appreciate the efforts, and again my apologies for not responding sooner.
Cheers

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.