Attendance Webhook Troubleshooting

Hi Everyone,

I have a meeting webhook setup to capture joined and leave events for a meeting.

The problem I am having is that my web API that receives the events only gets about 50% of the people that join a meeting.

On my API side, I do not see any errors in the logs.

How do I troubleshoot issues on the zoom side? Is there any log files I can look at?

Thank you,
Jeff

Hi @ahavatammi
Thanks for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum!
I am happy to help you look into this issue.
Could you please confirm that you are receiving events for all the meetings but only for certain participants?
Do you see this behavior all the time or just with certain meetings?

Best,
Elisa

Hi Elisa,

Thank you for the reply.

I see events for all meetings for this account. Our last meeting (Shiur English), this past Sunday, my web api showed that I recieved 62 participants. The meeting report, in the zoom website, shows 100.

Regards,
Jeff

I see @ahavatammi
Do you know if the waiting room is enabled for those meetings?
When waiting room is enabled, you get duplicates in the reports, the first record from when the participant joined the waiting room and the next one when the participant was moved to the main room

Hi Elisa,

No, we do not use a waiting room. I do handle duplicates in my api code.

Is there a way to look at the zoom webhook logs?

Thank you,
Jeff

Hi @ahavatammi
You should be able to look into your logs in the Marketplace.
Once you are logged in, head to the left-hand side of the webpage and you will see a Personal App management tab, click on Call logs and you will be able to see a column for Webhook logs:

Let me know if this helps but I am happy to look further into this for you!
Best,
Elisa

Perfect! :slight_smile:

From reading the logs with a status of -1, it looks like there is a 3 sec timeout for an outbound call. Is that correct?

Thank you,
Jeff

Please do a pen testing that how many webhook requests your server is handling /sec. You can also bind meeting.ended event and then just request → /report/meetings/{meetingId}/participants to pull data in 1 request.

For more please watch session → here.

1 Like

@freelancer.nak, Naeem, thank you for the idea. I will look into it if my current approach does not work.

1 Like