Auto Recording and Interpretation not working in Zoom Web SDK

Description
Auto Recording and Interpretation not working if I’m joining from the Web SDK, but the same things working while joining with Desktop App with the same meeting ID and Passcode.

I created a meeting with Zoom Create Meeting API. In the creation of the meeting, I added an interpreter also and given an auto-record true. When I join into that meeting from Web SDK those things are not working, but if I’m joining the same meeting with Zoom Desktop App, it is working.

Which Web Client SDK version?

Please pay attention to the above issue. Let me know how can I fix it?

Thank you.

Hey @Parth,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. That’s interesting, it sounds like you’ve set everything up correctly. When you host this meeting, is the interpreter joining from the Zoom Client or the Web SDK?

Thanks,
Max

Hi @MaxM ,

The interpreter is joining from Zoom Client Web SDK. Here is reference,

For Recording, I found solution like I was adding local recording in creating meeting API so, now I’m adding “cloud” as the value of the auto record field. So, the Recording is working now. Here is my create meeting API parameters.

{
  "topic": "Test Meeting",
  "type": 2,
  "start_time": "2021-06-29T10:15:00",
  "duration": 120,
  "timezone": "Asia/Kolkata",
  "password": "123456",
  "agenda": "Testing Only",
  "settings": {
    "host_video": true,
    "participant_video": false,
    "cn_meeting": false,
    "in_meeting": true,
    "join_before_host": true,
    "mute_upon_entry": true,
    "watermark": true,
    "use_pmi": false,
    "meeting_authentication": false,
    "approval_type": 2,
    "audio": "both",
    "auto_recording": "cloud",
    "language_interpretation": {
        "enable": true,
        "interpreters": [{
            "email":"abc.3290@gmail.com",
            "languages": "US,CN"
        }]
    }
  }
}

I’m using “@zoomus/websdk” npm package for joining meeting from web. I’m using 1.9.6 version of that package.

Please take a look into it and let me know what is the issue.

Thank you.

Hey @MaxM

Please also let me know if is there any function in web SDK to retrieve the current second value from recording started.

For example,

My meeting started at 11.45 am. If I started recording at 12.00 pm and the current time is 12.15. Now if I need a value of the current second, It will give like 900.

Thanks.

Hey @Parth,

I’m glad to hear that you were able to spot the issue with Cloud Recording.

When it comes to interpretation, please send an email to developersupport@zoom.us with a link to this thread. In that email, please include the email you are using for your Zoom account and I’ll investigate further.

When it comes to getting the recording start, we don’t have an SDK function for that but you can use the Get Meeting Recordings API.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.