Automatic backup Cloud Storage Data Advise

Description
I am trying to find a way to automatically backup all cloud storage data (audio, video, transcripts, etc.) as they are made. What is the best method for automatically downloading completed cloud files for manual centralized backup?

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT, C#, Webhook

Which Endpoint/s?
Cloud Recording

Additional context
Ultimately our goal is to capture cloud recording for a specific user group on our account and back up those files to our Box cloud storage service.

Unfortunately my general understanding of API’s and web hooks is beginner level. I also don’t want to try and re-invent the wheel if there is a better solution out there.

Searching around I think what I would need to do is utilize the cloud recording webhook to get the download link notifications and then use a listener to use to backup the data locally before transfer.

It is unclear to me if the cloud recording webhook is global or do you have to specify the user before it will notify? For this to work I need a global solution that will notify preferably by a specific group if not everyone.

Am I on the right track here or should I be looking at something else?

Hi @jevans2,

Thanks for reaching out about this!

Generally, your best bet for this would be to call our List Cloud Recordings endpoint:

This returns a download_url in the API response, which you can use to programmatically download users’ recordings and then upload to your own service or storage solution.

We also have our Recording Completed webhook as well—this similarly includes a download_url, and you would receive these in real time as Zoom recordings finish processing:

Let me know if this helps!
Will

Will,
Thank you. That tells me im on the right track.

Just to be clear, the webhook will notify for any user on the account? and does that include sub accounts?

Hi @jevans2,

That’s correct, it will notify for any user on an account level. However, since our sub accounts are treated as separate accounts when it comes to API credentials and subscriptions, I do believe you would need to subscribe to the webhooks on an individual sub account level, rather than the master account level.

Thanks!
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.