Automatically share custom app

Hi all,

Wondering if possible to automatically share a custom app when a meeting starts so all participants see the app being shared.

This is for both in-meeting app and custom web app. The use case is a user joins a meeting and my custom app automatically displays a custom UI/page that users can interact with. This could be either when the meeting is started by the host or ideally my app will start the meeting automatically.

Thanks!

Greetings, @somoscode,

Thanks for posting in the Zoom Developer Forum! It’s great to see you here. Based on your description, it sounds like you want to share a custom app when a meeting starts. Is that correct? If so, you might want to consider developing a Zoom App with collaborative mode enabled and using the launchAppInMeeting or the shareApp method. I’ve linked some support documentation that might be helpful for your reference:

Inviting Participants to Use Apps

Collaborate Mode

launchAppInMeeting

sendAppInvitationToAllParticipants

openUrl

shareApp

Sample Zoom Apps you can reference:

Let me know if this helps!

1 Like

That is correct and thanks for the link. I will take a read but, feel free to confirm if this is indeed possible.

Yes, this is indeed possible, @somoscode! After taking a look at the documentation and sample, should you have any questions, please let me know.

1 Like

Hi @donte.zoom , can you please confirm if the above works for both zoom client and web client?