Automatically uploading finished recordings to Google Drive using Zapier

Description
Hi, I’m trying to create a Zap that uploads finished Zoom recordings to Google Drive once they’re finished. The process is working fine - Zapier is receiving the download_url from Zoom and uploading it, but the problem is that the link is to a HTML page rather than a file, so I’m just getting a bunch of HTML pages uploaded to my GDrive.

As far as I can see there’s no link to the recording file itself in the information sent from Zoom - is there any way to get this? Is there any other way to automatically send my completed recordings to Google Drive that I’m missing?

I’ve seen the app by splain.io on the marketplace, but it doesn’t work very well and only uploads maybe 1/10 recordings so I’d rather not use it.

I’m not a professional developer so please explain simply! Thank you

Hey @sioned.freerajo,

Do these recordings happen to be password protected? If you copy the value returned for the download_url field and enter it directly into a browser, do you experience the same issue? This may be an issue with how Zapier is executing the download, but this should help to clarify.

Let me know when you have a chance!

Best,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.