I want to add some functionality to a Desktop application, and I’m looking for a little guidance on approach. The ideal flow would be like this:
- User A is in the application,
- User A chooses to start a meeting,
- User A authenticates and the application creates a meeting,
- User A goes to that meeting, and invites User B to join them,
- Once in the meeting, User B browses to a certain URL
The question is how do I get that URL into the meeting so that User B can easily find/click it.
My first thought was that I could inject it into the meeting chat, but I cannot find an API for that, and I found some 2-year-old forum posts here that indicate that’s not possible.
I can make the special URL the Topic of the meeting. That works, but it’s a little obscure.
A. Am I correct that there’s no way to send a chat message into a meeting?
B. Any other clever ideas of how I could make it easy for User B to reach that URL from within the meeting?