Black screen between user's video

Hey @Hong,

I am sorry for the delay, I will let them know this is a pressing issue.

Thanks!
Michael

Hi , checking if any updates on this issue?

Hey @Hong,

No updates quite yet.

Thanks!
Michael

Oh, ok. Hope they found the resolution soon. I noticed that during our zoom session, there also a short black screen when I pin manually as well. There must be an issue with the pin video frame buffer.

Hong

Hey @Hong,

Noted, I will forward that info to them.

Thanks!
Michael

I meant the issue is also with the current up-to-date version of zoom 5.8.3(1581) . Obviously it is an issue across the board. Please do not ignore this complaint it won’t go away by itself.

Thanks

Hey @Hong,

We are not ignoring this issue, I will remind the team that this is high priority.

Thanks!
Michael

Michael,

Thank you so much. Really appreciate your reassurance.

Hong

Hi Michael,

Any idea when will this issue addressed?
It has been awhile since I reported.

Hong

Hey @Hong,

We are still investigating.

Thanks!
Michael

Is Binh Ha ok to view the video and log files ?

Hey @Hong,

Yes he is. He will also help to investigate this.

Thanks!
Michael

Already granted him access!

Great, thank you! I will let you know once we have any updates on this.

Hey Michael & Jon ,
Wonder if you folks seriously meant to investigate into this matter? It has been so long since I brought up the issue in the development forum

Hi @Hong,

Thank you for your patience as we continued looking into this issue. After extensive investigation, we have determined that this is a side effect of the SDK’s pinning implementation allowing for scenarios in which you can pin the video of a user whose video is not currently subscribed.

When using the Zoom Client, you can only pin a user whose video is active on your screen. This means that the client has already successfully subscribed to that user’s video. However since the SDK allows you to pin by user IDs, it is possible to pin the video of someone who is not already visible. As a result, there is a delay between when the SDK is told to pin a user and when the SDK starts receiving video for that user.

Please let me know if you need any additional information and I’ll be happy to help.

Thanks!

Oh,

Is there a way to work out this issue. Checking if the Client has received the user’s video before it pins?

Hong

Also, how come it is not an issue when I use the spotlight function?
Because the Pining function is more suitable for my app , I am hoping your engineers can help me with this.

Hong

Hi @Hong,

Is there a way to work out this issue. Checking if the Client has received the user’s video before it pins?

Unfortunately the default meeting UI does not provide a ton of insight into the state of individual user’s videos since it is all managed internally to the SDK. This level of information would only be available in a custom meeting UI.

Also, how come it is not an issue when I use the spotlight function?

The core functionality of spotlighting works differently than pinning users, so the SDK implementation actually uses a different type of view to manage spotlit users.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.