Black screen between user's video

Description
Screen goes black between videos when I call PinVideoToFirstView() function.
Any idea?
Is there ReplacePinVideoToFirstView()? So I do not have to use UnPinAllVideosFromFirstView();
I wonder if black screen caused by this UnpinAllVideosFromFirstView()?

Please Help!!!

Which Desktop Meeting SDK version?
zoom-sdk-windows-5.7.1.644

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
when call PinVideoToFirstView(unsigned int userid)

Here is my codes:

if (this->CanSpotlightOrPin(user_id))
		{
			videoCtrl->UnPinAllVideosFromFirstView();
			if (videoCtrl->PinVideoToFirstView(user_id) == ZOOM_SDK_NAMESPACE::SDKERR_SUCCESS)
			{
				m_currentPinUserId = i;

// done
				status = true;
				break;
			}

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem.

Device (please complete the following information):
Desktop computer

Additional context
Add any other context about the problem here.

Hey @Hong,

Thanks for using the dev forum!

Would you be able to provide a video of the issue?
Also we have released a new version that fixes various issues in that version, can you please update?

Thanks!
Michael

Thank you very much for your reply.
Yes, will try to capture the video clips to show you.
It only happens when I call PIN functions but not spotlight Function. I think it must be something to do with the video frame buffer for the pin function. I noticed that the first 5 participants are fine, but the 6th and beyond, there is always a short black screen in front of the video. Since I am looping the PIN function when it reaches the end of the list, I noticed the symptoms repeated itself. Hope that would helps.

Hi Michael,

How do I upload a video clip for you?

Hong

Hi Michael,

It still behaves the same with new release zooo-sdk-windows-v5.7.6.1072.
When I tested with a small group say only 5 or 6 participants no black screen issue. But when I run in the actual meeting with around 20 participants , the black screen appears between videos starting around the video of the 6th participant. The cycles repeat when it loops around. Consistently. Hope that helps. I got the video clip to show you but do not know how upload. Hong

Hey @Hong,

Can you upload the video to YouTube and provide a link here? If not, we can figure out another solution.

Thanks!
Michael

Here is the the video for the black screen issue
Desktop meeting SDK black screen issue video - YouTube

Hi Michael,

Have you had a chance to view the video?

Hong

Hey @Hong,

Thanks for providing the video, that is very helpful. Can you reproduce the issue one more time and send me the SDK logs from that instance in an email to developersupport@zoom.us? Please mention my name and a link to this post in your email.

Thanks!
Michael

Hi Michael,

Thank for you reply.
Yes, I emailed the link of recaptured video and log files for this instant from my google drive.
Please let me know when you receive the files.

Very much appreciated for your support.

Hong

Hi Michael,

Did you have a chance to go to the link that I email to developersupport@zoom.us?

Hong

Hey @Hong,

We are still investigating this issue.
Stay tuned.

Thanks!
Michael

Hi Michael,
Thank you for the update.
Very much appreciated.

Hong

Hey @Hong,

You are welcome!

Thanks!
Michael

Hi Michael,

I emailed new link for re-captured video with the black screen issue and the logs file folder for this instance yesterday via the email you reply with the case number

I rebuild this instance using the new release of zoom-sdk-windows-5.7.6.1072 version.

Hope you folks can resolve this issue soon.

Thank you for your support.

Hong Nguyen

Hi Michael,

Just checking in if you receive the log files and video file ok?

I have not heard from you.

Hong

Hey @Hong,

Thanks for checking in, I will check the link you sent here shortly and follow up with you there.

Thanks!
Michael

Hi Michael,

Could you confirm if this person is an engineer who is investigating black screen issue? I got an email by this name to request access to the video link I sent you.

Hong

Hey @Hong,

Yep, that person is the engineer investigating the issue. Can you grant them read access to the google link you provided me?

Note, I have removed their email address from this post to keep it private :slight_smile:

Thanks!
Michael

Thanks, I did share the link with them. Hope they will resolve the issue soon. I had been blocked with this issue for awhile.