Breakout Room Management Apps in Webinars

Hey,

I notice from the Meeting and webinar feature comparison section of the Webinars documentation that Breakout Rooms are listed as N/A.

I am wondering:

Are Breakout Rooms supported yet in Webinars?

If so, will the Breakout Room management APIs be supported for use in Webinars?

Finally, we added the zoomapp:inwebinar scope to our development app, and it showed up on our apps tray in Webinar, but clicking on it it doesn’t load the app and appears to do nothing, it doesn’t even load into the app. Is there anything that we are missing? Any guidance on how to test apps in Webinar? I reviewed the documentation, and there doesn’t seem to be anything about this in the Zoom Apps for Webinar documentation.

In yesterday’s (Monday May 2nd) Office Hours, it was mentioned that all APIs will function in Webinars (including things such as getMeetingContext despite being inWebinar context).

Oliver

Breakout rooms are not supported in Webinars yet.

Regarding apps not working, we will look into it

1 Like

Hey @evgeny.balashov, is there an expected timeline on breakout support? We’re getting requests to help hosts manage networking through breakouts in webinar using twine for Zoom.

@om7 Regarding " but clicking on it it doesn’t load the app and appears to do nothing, it doesn’t even load into the app."

Can you please share a link to the screen recording? On our side, we are able to start apps, so we probably need to dive deeper into the issue that you experience