Browsers crash out of memory

Description
Browsers are crashing with an “out of memory” error.

Users on different browsers (chrome, internet explorer, etc.) are experiencing “out of memory” error crashes on the browser when using the zoom web sdk.

Is there some way we can forward the users, zoom meeting ids, host ids etc. in a way that isn’t public? I have a list prepared to send.

Error
Not enough memory to open this page.
Try closing other tabs or programs to free up memory.
Error Code: Out of Memory

Which Fully Customizable Web SDK version?
Version: 1.8.0

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Using windows 10 chrome 88.0.4324.150 (update date 2021-01-19) start up a meeting.
  2. Open the meeting in a few different browsers and tabs to simulate multiple users. (Or optionally have a few more users join).
  3. Try a few toggling a few different activities like screen share and using messaging.
  4. Usually in about 15-30 minutes this will cause the out of memory error message which crashes the tab (possibly the entire tab group).

Screenshots
Error page on chrome:

Device (please complete the following information):

• Device: various laptops and desktops
  • Browser: Chrome, Internet Explorer (This does not seem to happen in new Microsoft Chromium Edge?)
  • Browser Version Chrome 88.0.4324.150

Additional context
Hi, I’m a lead Sr. Engineer with OncoLens.
Our customers are currently very unhappy with service.

One user was kicked out of a meeting 3 times in 30 minutes because of this error crash.
In the last 3 days, we’ve had reports from 25+ users.

If you have any questions please email me back directly at kylerebstock@oncolens.com

Thanks,
Kyle Rebstock Sr. Software Engineer

2 Likes

Hey @kylerebstock ,

Can you confirm which SDK please? Is it the Client Web SDK, or the Fully Customizable Web SDK?

If it is the Client Web SDK, my first suggestion would be to upgrade to the latest version, 1.9.0.

Let me know if that helps! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy We are in the process of upgrading to 1.9.0. We’ll update back as soon as we know this is working or not. Is there any additional information we know of that can help in the interim? It seems like using some browsers will help.

Hey @kylerebstock ,

We recommend using Chrome. Please let us know if upgrading to Web SDK 1.9.0 fixed the issue. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.