Memory leak in Zoom website meeting hosting?

Although I select the question category as WebSDK, it’s nothing to do with Web SDK. I have hosted my zoom meeting by login into my zoom account in zoom.us website. I hosted a meeting and asked another attendee to join. After about 20 mins sharing the screen, my browser tab got freezed with the following screen. This seems like there is a memory leak in zoom.us client side.

When I refresh the web page and I could join the meeting. Other attendee didn’t had any interruption except that he saw my avatar and no sound until I come back by refreshing my browser tab. Again after like 5 mins this happened. It’s the same message I saw. Please let me know if this is a known issue. If so, when will it be fixed?

Hey @jude.niroshan11,

I have been seeing this error in chrome lately too on Zoom and other websites.

How often is this happening?

Thanks,
Tommy

Yes. Terrible memory management. I had a Zoom meeting in the browser(very current Chrome build) as the only open tab and within 20-25 minutes it filled my hard-drive. ROM, not RAM. My Mac told me my startup disk was full. I had to quit the meeting and quit the browser. I checked my hard-drive capacity before and after, Zoom filled OVER TEN GIGABYTES OF ROM. WTF??!?! I suspect it would’ve kept filling the drive if there was space available. Why is it using this space? The meeting was not being recorded. Total insanity.

Hey @zoomintheroom,

Please reach out to support.zoom.us for this issue.

Thanks,
Tommy