Bug (sort of ..) on PHP zoom signature example

Description
Hey! how are you?
I think I found an error in the PHP example. More than an error … it’s lack of documentation that can take you a few hours of debug.
Using the PHP signature getter, i found myself stucked in the “Joining meeting” loop without getting any errors or logs. I didn’t understand whats going on so i end up checking the signatures of the differents examples locally (node) and I realized that they have different behaviors. The important one:
Using node the “role” parameter is optional as it puts “0” as default value, but with PHP the default value for “role” it’s just and empty object.
Signatures examples without sending role parameter.
php:

node:

This is tricky to find as you have to decode the signature to know what’s really happening. Also, I remember to see some official answers that say that you don’t have to use ‘role’.

I solved this just hardcoding the role, but it can generate a lot of confusion.

Hope this can help :slight_smile:

Error
None. That’s the problem. You are only in “joining meeting” loop.

Which Web Client SDK version?

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Use node and php examples with the same payload (without role). You also get different responses but that’s a different problem.

Device (please complete the following information):
Not relevant.

Hey @luucaford,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum and for reporting this. Just to make sure that I understand, would you be able to provide some code examples demonstrating what happens to the 0 value here?

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.