Bug: ZoomMtg.join requires to pass null as passWord if it's empty

If you use ZoomMtg.join to join a passwordless meeting, and pass “” as the passWord, it fails. if you pass null it succeeds.

Hey @Mikron,

Thank you for reaching out. Please provide the error that you’re encountering when you attempt to use an empty string as the password and the Web SDK version number you are using.

Thanks,
Max

CDN 1.83, I don’t recall the error.

The steps are ZoomMtg.init then ZoomMtg.join with a JWT token retrieved from the server. The email parameter was not sent nor the role parameter.
When the password parameter was not set at all, and the meeting didn’t have a pass, it was ok. when it was sent with an empty string, it wasn’t. null worked.

Hey @Mikron,

I attempted to reproduce this internally by modifying out sample app but I wasn’t able to see the same issue. I’ve included an image of the code snippet I modified below. Is this similar to how you’re calling it?

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

we didn’t send the email.

Hey @Mikron,

Thank you for the update. Just to confirm, you’re saying that you did not set the email field when making this request? I tested this with an empty email property as well as without the email property entirely but wasn’t able to reproduce the issue.

Are you able to share a code snippet or public Git repo demonstrating the issue?

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.