C# Wrapper - Partial implementation of Breakout Room Wrapper

This is a two-part post.

Part 1 - a link to my partial implementation of a .NET Wrapper for the breakout room controller.

Part 2 - a few potential issues I found while testing my code.

Description

• When assigning users to breakout rooms quickly (< 500 ms between assignments), users sometimes end up assigned to 2 breakout rooms at once

• Users can be invited to join the main meeting using the SDK even if “allow users to return to the main meeting” is disabled.

• I couldn’t find a way in the SDK to auto-move participants into breakouts once breakouts are started. As a workaround I open the breakouts, close them, have a native Zoom client modify the breakout settings, then re-open the breakouts using that client.

Which Windows Meeting SDK version?

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Either create some breakout rooms, or have breakout rooms open
  2. Assign users to different rooms with a small or no delay (< 500 ms)
  3. Sometimes the assign will fail, and refreshing the room & user list will indicate a user is assigned to 2 breakout rooms simultaneously.

Device (please complete the following information):

Update: it appears that during breakout construction (using IBOCreator), if you want to reassign a user, you must first call RemoveUserFromBO then call AssignUserToBO. Otherwise they will be assigned to both breakouts.

Hey @elias,

Thanks for using the dev forum!

Are you seeing the same behavior in the C++ version of the SDK?

Thanks!
Michael

Yes. I am seeing the same behavior in the C++ SDK.

Hey @elias,

We have identified some issues with the breakout room logic and we will investigate the root cause of these issues. Stay tuned.

Thanks!
Michael

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.