C# Wrapper - Partial implementation of Breakout Room Wrapper

This is a two-part post.

Part 1 - a link to my partial implementation of a .NET Wrapper for the breakout room controller.

Part 2 - a few potential issues I found while testing my code.

Description

• When assigning users to breakout rooms quickly (< 500 ms between assignments), users sometimes end up assigned to 2 breakout rooms at once

• Users can be invited to join the main meeting using the SDK even if “allow users to return to the main meeting” is disabled.

• I couldn’t find a way in the SDK to auto-move participants into breakouts once breakouts are started. As a workaround I open the breakouts, close them, have a native Zoom client modify the breakout settings, then re-open the breakouts using that client.

Which Windows Meeting SDK version?

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Either create some breakout rooms, or have breakout rooms open
  2. Assign users to different rooms with a small or no delay (< 500 ms)
  3. Sometimes the assign will fail, and refreshing the room & user list will indicate a user is assigned to 2 breakout rooms simultaneously.

Device (please complete the following information):

Update: it appears that during breakout construction (using IBOCreator), if you want to reassign a user, you must first call RemoveUserFromBO then call AssignUserToBO. Otherwise they will be assigned to both breakouts.

Hey @elias,

Thanks for using the dev forum!

Are you seeing the same behavior in the C++ version of the SDK?

Thanks!
Michael

Yes. I am seeing the same behavior in the C++ SDK.

Hey @elias,

We have identified some issues with the breakout room logic and we will investigate the root cause of these issues. Stay tuned.

Thanks!
Michael