C# SDK breakout rooms assign feature

Description
We are using the latest version of Zoom meeting C# SDK and trying to create our own logic to customize the breakout room functionality. Is there an SDK feature that allows us to extend the breakout rooms participants assign feature for hosts?

Hi @dumidu47, thanks for using our SDK.

The Windows SDK does have support for breakout rooms, but it is unclear whether or not it fits your needs based on the information provided so far. Can you please elaborate around what your use case is?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @jon.zoom ,

Thank you for the reply. In my use case, I create multiple breakout rooms at once (that feature is already available in the default interface) then I assign participants from the main room to the breakout rooms based on their user identity matched with our logic (our user database is linked with their zoom user identity)

So I m looking to extend the breakout room participants assigned functionality using logic not randomly or select individually.

Hi @dumidu47,

If you are already using the default breakout room UI, the SDK does not support using the breakout room interfaces programmatically. If you need additional/custom functionality, you would need to implement a custom UI and handle 100% of the breakout room manage in your own UI through use of the SDK.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @jon.zoom ,

Thank you for the reply. Implementing a custom UI seems like a lot of work.

Is there a way to handle this functionality using Zoom API (keep a hosted feature to assign participants to breakout rooms in a separate admin panel) while using the Zoom SDK desktop app?

Hi @dumidu47,

Yes, implementing a custom UI is a non-trivial amount of work, which is why the default UI provided by the SDK is so valuable.

Unfortunately there is not currently a REST API solution for managing breakout rooms. I’m not sure if something is in the works for this, but if you have any questions about the existing or planned functionality around breakout rooms, the #api-and-webhooks category would be a great place to ask. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @jon.zoom ,

Thank you for the reply. Sure I will take a look into the REST API forum.

Sounds great!

Please don’t hesitate to reach back out if you have any additional SDK questions. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi @jon.zoom ,

One more question, Is it possible to use Zoom REST API while using SDK based Zoom desktop app? (The host will be using the Zoom SDK desktop app and we will use Zoom REST API to extend our breakout room functionality)

Hi @dumidu47,

Yes it is possible to use the REST API alongside the Meeting SDK.

Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.