Calendar Item to Zoom Meeting Connection?

I’m bumping this old thread to see if there has been any update regarding the accessibility of the Conference ID from the Exchange Web Services API.

I work on embedded systems that need to extract relevant meeting data so as to construct a SIP dialing string for Poly or other VTC hardware and to display meeting data to users when they are not in front of a scheduling device (password, audio dial numbers, etc.).

Starleaf, for example, inserts an Extended Property called “greenButtonUri” into their appointment’s Extended Properties which I can use without any trouble.

Parsing the message body is possible but not ideal. Most corporations I work with opt to hide comments (the message body) of appointments to protect privacy.

I have used the open source project EWSEditor to browse the appointment data but none of the fields I would need are present:
Conference ID
Meeting Password
Phone number strings

TL;DR: I need to construct the meeting address like xyz @ zoomcrc.com without parsing the message body.

Thanks!

Hey @jtdanforth,

Unfortunately I do not have any updates for you. Id’s reach out to the Exchange API team to see if there is a way to do this.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey there, @tommy. Thanks for your reply. I’m not sure that there’s anything that the EWS API can do if Zoom isn’t filling the Extended Properties fields. I have no trouble extracting data using the EWS API but the problem is that Zoom isn’t putting anything into it that I can extract.

Hey @jtdanforth,

Why can’t you parse the message body for the meeting link?

Thanks,
Tommy

Parsing the message body is possible but not ideal. Most corporations I work with opt to hide comments (the message body) of appointments to protect privacy.

The issue is that companies often hide the bodies from public (within the org) meeting rooms so people don’t see “Jon is a total lame-o and needs to get fired.”

Hey @jtdanforth,

Makes sense. Feel free to add this as a feature request here: #feature-requests

Thanks,
Tommy