Call API get meeting with Password

Description/Error
Can’t seem to get a meeting url based on a number if there is password required.

Which Endpoint/s?

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Request URL with Meeting number that is password protected

Hey @nate,

Is there an error at all? Or do you just get an empty response?

Thanks,
Tommy

The response is

{“code”:200,“message”:“No permission.”}

Hey @nate,

Are you using an OAuth App or JWT App credentials?

If OAuth, user level or account level? What scopes do you have?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,

I am using an OAuth app with all scopes on.

Thanks,
Nate

Hey @nate,

User level or Account level OAuth app?

Thanks,
Tommy

This would be a User level Account OAuth app

Hey @nate,

I cannot reproduce the issue. I can get a meeting just fine that has a password enabled.

Please make sure the access_token and meeting are owned by the same user.

Also if you could send me a video or exact steps to reproduce that would be great!

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,

Actually I am trying to get meeting from another user who needs to know the full url of the meeting. And I was wondering if we knew the password could make the GET call?

Hey @nate,

To get meetings from another user, the user needs to have your User Level OAuth app installed, or be a member of a Zoom Account that has an Account Level OAuth App installed, or have the JWT App Activated for that account.

Not sure what you mean by “I was wondering if we knew the password could make the GET call?”. can you please clarify?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,

What I am trying to ask is there a way a User that didn’t create a meeting can call the GET meeting endpoint and get a valid response if that meeting has a password.

The issue is that when I have user who wants to connect to a meeting my product manager wants them to be able to put in just the meeting number. I need to call the GET meeting endpoint. But, that meeting is password protected. So I could prompt for the password, but is there a way to do that if I have the password. I don’t see that that parameter is available.

Thanks,

Hey @nate,

You do get a meeting password returned from GET /meetings/{meetingId}.

Also both the Web SDK, and Zoom Web Client link support passwords: https://zoom.us/wc/{meetindID}/join?prefer=0&un={base64encodedName}&pwd={password}

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy, how can I set a meeting password when I’m not the meeting owner? (using JWT auth, calling create meeting REST API as myself, and I’m the overall account owner/admin)

Is this possible, and am I missing a setting? I’m able to create meetings just fine, for all users in my account, but haven’t been able to set passwords on them.

thanks-
Paul

POST /users/{userId}/meetings

Body example:
topic = “a test meeting”,
type = 2,
start_time = “2020-05-20T07:15:00Z”,
duration = 60,
timezone = “America/Los_Angeles”,
password = “Compl3x!”,
settings = new {
auto_recording = “cloud”
}

Hey @pkreemer,

What is the response JSON for that request?

Thanks,
Tommy