Call to GET /users/{userId}/meetings does not return enough meetings

Description
We have a Zoom account holder who schedules 10-20 meetings per week. But there must be missing meetings because not all of them can be viewed via an API call.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAuth

Which Endpoint/s?
GET /users/{userId}/meetings

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Make the request and count how many meetings are returned. This is the same as what is on the Zoom web site. But there should be literally 100s of meetings.

**Question
The scheduled meetings of a particular Zoom account holder are under-reported. Is there an API request that can be made that will return all the meetings?

Hey @chrismurrph,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

Can you confirm if you’re passing any query parameters to your request when calling our List Meetings Endpoint?

The reason I ask is because this will only return live/ongoing meetings by default if no parameter is specified:

Let me know—thanks!
Will

Hi @will.zoom, The type is always set to “scheduled” when this API call is made.

I expect to see all meetings that have ever been scheduled, even if years ago, as well as upcoming scheduled meetings. I suppose the Zoom web site as tenanted by the user uses the same ‘List Meetings’ API call, as it also under-reports how many scheduled meetings there have been/will be.

Hey @chrismurrph,

The List Meetings API isn’t designed to show past meetings. If you want information about past meetings, you can use one of the following APIs:

I hope that helps! :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks,
Max

I’ve been told that 6 months back will be fine.
The Zoom account in question has 67 meetings according to the website, of which 34 are previous meetings, the earliest of which is Tues Mar 2nd this year, so back just one and a half months.
I tried the GET /report/users/{userId}/meetings request. These the results from six invocations:
[“2020-10-14” “2020-11-10” nil]
[“2020-11-11” “2020-12-11” 0]
[“2020-12-12” “2021-01-11” 0]
[“2021-01-12” “2021-02-11” 0]
[“2021-02-12” “2021-03-14” 0]
[“2021-03-15” “2021-04-14” 31]
The dates are the from, to query params and the last column is the meetings count returned.
Is there something I’m getting wrong here? For all but the most recent month no meetings are returned. I was expecting to see positive numbers for every date range.

Hey @chrismurrph,

Thank you for the update. It looks like the internval you are using is one month and you are referencing data within the last 6 months. I’m not spotting the issue here just yet.

Please send an email to developersupport@zoom.us with a link to this thread. In that email, please include the user ID that you’re using when making these requests, and if possible, a meeting ID or two that you are expecting to see in some of the empty requests.

I’ll follow up with you there.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.