API - Get List of Future Meetings for Multiple Users

I am integrating Zoom functionality into a university application. We need the user to be able to see a list of meetings scheduled for a certain program (course). The meetings themselves may have been scheduled (created) by any one of several Zoom users, which are all sub accounts of an admin-level zoom account. (I can see this set of Zoom users by making an API call). I am using tracking fields to tie each meeting to the appropriate university program.

What is the best way to call the API to bring back a list of all meetings for a certain university program?

The only way I’ve been able to accomplish this is to run an API call to bring back the list of Zoom users. Then loop through that list of users to bring back a list of meetings for each user. Then loop through the set of meetings for each user to bring back the set of tracking fields for each meeting, and find the ones with the appropriate tracking field value. This ends up being a nested construct triggering 100’s of API calls.

I see there is a Dashboard API Call to bring back a list of meetings for all Zoom users but it can only bring back past meetings or live meetings, and not all meetings or future meetings. Furthermore, it can not discriminate on any tracking field value.

Is there any way to run custom queries in the Zoom API?

Thanks for your time!

Hey @pasquc

Thanks for posting on the Zoom Devforum! I am still learning, but I will try my best to help answer your question. :slightly_smiling_face:

Checkout these related threads that may have the answer you are looking for:

If these threads did not help, please let us know by replying back here and someone from the Developer Relations team will get back to you shortly.

Thanks,
DeveloperBot

Thanks but these suggested articles do not help.

Hi @pasquc,

Thanks for explaining your use case, and great question. The method you’re currently using to achieve your use case sounds like it is working, but I understand this requires a lot of separate calls to our API.

Have you seen our Meeting Created webhook event?:

This triggers a payload that includes the ID of the host of the meeting, which it sounds like you might be able to use to track against your course information. This could be an easy way to reduce some of the steps you’re currently taking.

Let me know if this helps!
Will

Thanks for the suggestions, Will. We wanted to avoid maintaining the meeting data in our database since Zoom is already doing that, but we are now considering this option.

Hey @pasquc,

I appreciate the reply and can certainly appreciate where you’re coming from. While our webhooks will likely be your best bet, do let me know if you run into any other questions.

Best,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.