Camera access for Zoom plugin

My question is actually more about camera access and all related permissions: can Zoom app from the marketplace have access to user camera?

I mean app’s purpose would to modify camera image, etc - are there any restrictions related to this kind of access?

Hi @olha,

While Zoom Meetings will request access to a device’s camera, we do not support a method to modify or alter the camera settings or image itself.

Thanks,
Will

Thanks for the answer!

Does it mean that other marketplace apps (like virtual background by Pexels or AI Business Cards by Warmly that add something extra to the camera image) use another method to substitute a background picture and add text?

@olha,

That’s correct—these apps are likely leveraging our in-meeting app capabilities, known as Zoom Apps. These are currently in a closed beta, but will be released to developers for general availability soon. :slight_smile:

Thanks, Will!

These are currently in a closed beta, but will be released to developers for general availability soon.

Does it mean that external apps would be able to use these methods that can modify camera image then?
When you say ‘soon’, does it mean 2 weeks - 1 month soon or more like till the end of the year soon?

Hi @olha,

I don’t have an exact timeline, but it’s likely sometime in the next few months.

These apps can leverage in-meeting APIs to modify things like virtual backgrounds, but they cannot modify the user’s camera settings itself — just the virtual background.

Thanks,
Will

@rockoutloud Yes, I believe I can help here
would you like to jump on a quick call or can we chat somewhere else?

@rockoutloud thanks!
let’s do Zoom then - you’re welcome to use yavorysynka88@gmail.com
I’m available now

Zoom Link sent. Pls join me. Thanks!

Hi @will.zoom. I am trying to find ZOOM Marketplace developers and it has been quite the challenge. I’ve posted in this Forum only to be taken down by the admins. Where can one go to hire a ZOOM Marketplace Developer?