Camera Streaming

Camera Streaming is not working with webinar websdk version 1.8.6 and 1.9.1. I have also check it in your official site its also not working there. please resolved this issue as soon as possible and do update also.

Hey @ofek,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. When you say that camera streaming isn’t working, are you referring to the camera preview at the top of the page?

Are you able to share more information on the browser that you’re using as well as steps to reproduce the issue?

Thanks,
Max

Hi @MaxM ,
Actually for webinar specifically, The Webcam stream is not showing up in chrome at all. Its working fine on firefox though and zoom application. We have tried this both on @zoomus/websdk latest version and infact on zoom official website aswell from its join page here by joining using browser. The behavior is same, zoom Webcam streaming is not showing up at all in both SDK and zoom official site. Its working fine in firefox and also working fine in Zoom official application. The Zoom Shared screen is appearing Fine in Chrome though.
But yes apart from that, Leave Audio functionality is not working aswell for webinars.
Note: These issue are there specifically only for webinars, for simple zoom meetings everything works fine on chrome. we have tried on previous chrome version and latest version of google chrome aswell the error is persistent.
Hope this info helps,
Thanks

Hey @ofek,

Thanks for providing more detail. Currently the speaker view is only supported for panelists while a screen is being shared. Attendees won’t be able to see the speaker’s view until it is added in a future release.

You can see more detail on this issue in the following forum post:

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

Hi @MaxM ,
Well this is extremely disappointing given we are using websdk on our production platform, and without speaker view its pretty much useless. But its weird because last we checked it was working completely fine on 2021-03-09, and the thread you shared is older than 1 month. And also if its not supported then how come its working fine for normal zoom meetings.
Beside this Leave Computer Audio button (Mute button) is also not working on chrome for webinars.

Anyways, one of our whole platform module relies on this and with this bug in place and our module on production, our whole system is disturbed and this specific module is completely paralyzed. Assuming
this new updates where things finally starts to work will take time given its already 1 month since it last reported, we cannot wait this longer as our system with zoom is already live and each day is costing us huge. Given these circumstances please connect us via email on urgent basis as we would like to explore the alternatives with zoom to have our system backup online asap.

Thanks

Hey @ofek,

I understand how this can be disruptive to your app and I apologize for that. Our engineering team is working to resolve this on the Chrome browser in an upcoming release. In the meantime, please subscribe to our changelog in order to stay up-to-date with the latest features and fixes.

Currently the best workaround, as you’ve likely seen from the referenced forum post, is to use the Firefox browser. This will allow attendees to see the panelists video while they are screen sharing.

Otherwise, as you noted, you can use the Zoom App for the most complete feature set and best performance.

If you would like to get in contact via email, please send an email to developersupport@zoom.us with a link to this thread. In that email, you can request that it is assigned to me and I’ll follow up with you.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.