Can I use JWT for these calls?

I need to implement the following API calls from our server:
get /meetings/{meetingId}/registrants
post /meetings/{meetingId}/registrants
get /users/{userId}/meetings

I would prefer to use JWT, but docs only mention OAUTH2.
Can someone confirm whether or not these are in fact limited to OAUTH2?

Thanks and regards…

Gene

@hireauthority - Hi Gene, yes you can use JWT to authorize any API for users on your account. OAuth should be used for individual user authorization, or if you intend to publish your app publicly.

Thanks Michael. To clarify, we need to register prepaid customers (who may or may not have their own zoom accounts) as attendees in our meetings. These will never be users on our account.

Gene

@hireauthority, got it! If the hosts of the meetings are users on your account you can use JWT, as the API Key / Secret are an account-wide credential pair (JWTs with the account’s API Key and Secret can authorize requests for any user on the account).

If you are adding a registrant to a meeting, this request is not done on behalf of the registrant but rather the host of the meeting.

JWT should work here, but let us know if you have any additional questions!

1 Like

Perfect. Much thanks.

1 Like

Let us know if you have additional questions! :slight_smile:

-Tommy

Hi Tommy.

I ended up using Oauth2 with PHP/cURL and it’s working perfectly.
One thing I found to be extremely helpful (that I didn’t notice right away) is that the test tool in the documentation for every API call has a tab on the far right with code in several languages. Really great.

Thanks for the follow up.

Gene

1 Like

Hey @hireauthority,

Happy to hear! Yes that is defiantly a helpful tool that is not blatantly obvious! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey Tommy.

If I register a meeting participant via the API, what happens if an identical request is issued a second time?

Will I get a response indicating the person is already registered?
Will that event cause any duplicate email invitations to go out to the participant?

Thanks

Gene

Hey @hireauthority,

Zoom will notice that the request is duplicate and not resend the registration email or add the duplicate to the list.

Thanks,
Tommy