Can we make Zoom always on the top?

Thanks Tommy,

I note that this is for Apple based machines, what about windows based machines? I cannot see the same issue. Also there is a function of being able to see when zoom is the active window to monitor attendee participation. Does the on-top feature affect this information?

Hey @geoff.warrington,

For additional questions about this feature please reach out to support.zoom.us as this forum is for questions about our App Marketplace and APIs.

Thanks,
Tommy

Your complete avoidance of answering as to whether this is available on Windows platforms confirms that it is not. Is this on the product roadmap?

Hey @geoff.warrington,

I have asked our product engineers if this feature exists on windows and will get back to you.

In the future for product related questions, please reach out to support.zoom.us as they will be able to assist better. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @geoff.warrington,

Windows does have the “Keep on Top” option.

Thanks,
Tommy

Do you have a screen shot of this please?

Hey @geoff.warrington,

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

AWESOME! It works even with EN as the language :wink:

Thank you for your time and patience in providing this to me

1 Like

Haha! Happy to help @geoff.warrington :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Is there a special setting to make the Keep on Top work while using Remote Desktop Connection through VPN? While RDC is maximized Zoom is no longer on top.

I’d also like to see this feature on the desktop app. Btw, where can I find the forum for the Zoom app feature request?

Anyhow, it would be great for Zoom to have an overlay feature, so that if I’m in a PC game or doing some kind of stream, I can pin individual video ports (i.e. the screen with my friend’s video stream) to one of the corners of my display and have it always on top, so that my viewers can see my friends (and myself) in the stream. I’m actually surprised that this isn’t available in most video conferencing apps.

Is there a setting where we can make “Keep on Top” on by default every time I enter a zoom call?

I’m currently using the MacOS client and I’m very happy that this feature exists, but was asking if there was a way we could set it as a default. In our current working remote situation we are attending a few meetings and this is one of those little things that could have a big impact.
Thanks.

1 Like

This feature works great on Windows, but doesn’t seem to work on MacOS while using Remote Desktop Connection, just as @kathy.mericle pointed out. Can somebody confirm this and/or let us know if this issue is being addressed?

I agree with @warrenf, it would be very useful if the setting is remembered. Besides that, it would be great if not just the window with the current video call is on top, but the Zoom application. So I could start a new meeting without having to leave my remote desktop.

1 Like

I have the same issue with remote desktop and zoom always on top. For some users, it stayts on top over remote desktop, for others it does not. (even when using always on top) Users on PC. any idea why it may not be staying on top?

any update on this? That would be so helpful.

I think it’s now been implemented right ? Can we also share some more things that we would like to see in a zoom ? I think it will be great thing for the betterment of this software. In recent times it just crosses so many levels, almost everyone is aware of the zoom dragon ball.