Can we use different zoom host accounts via Zoom web SDK?

Hi,
I have integrated Zoom React web SDK on my website and I wanted to ask if there is any way by which we can use different host accounts on the same website.

Right now what happens is that we have generated the signature of a single host account, added it and its personalized meeting ID and password to the App.js file of the SDK, and it works well for that single account with only same meeting ID and password.

What we want to achieve is that, can we have a way in which we can use different host accounts, i.e. different hosts can start the meeting with different meeting ID and password ?
The solution will be really helpful.

Web Client SDK version :
[1.9.5]

Thanks

Hey @devansh30081999,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. When you Generate a Signature, you’re using the API Key and Secret which are account level credentials.

This means, you should be able to host any meeting created by a user on your account. If you wanted to host a meeting for a user on another account, you would need their API Key and Secret in order to generate a signature for that acccount.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

Thank you for the response @MaxM.

I understand about generating the signature part. But my concern here is that can I use multiple accounts whose signature I have at the same time in a single react web SDK?

I mean, the app.js file in the SDK takes parameters like meeting ID, password, signature endpoint URL. Is there any way to change these dynamically?

We are going on a production level where we cannot change the parameters in the source file and deploy it again before every meeting. So precisely I want to ask, can we use all of those accounts whose signature we have generated at the same react web SDK app ?

Hey @devansh30081999,

Thanks for providing more information. Yes, If you wanted to host meetings for different accounts you would just need to dynamically generate a signature for each meeting and change the information that you pass in to the configuration.

You could have a DB that you read from that has this information and read from that in your code.

Thanks,
Max

Thanks @MaxM.

I found out that even if we don’t change the JWT API key and signature URL, and just change the meeting ID and password of some other account, still the user will be able to join meeting of the other user whose meeting ID and password we have put without generating the apikey for that host. So we might just need to work out on dynamically passing meeting ID and password.

Basically we have a school in which various teachers and students have to connect simultaneously. What according to you would be the best practice to implement this scenario where we allow our different teachers to host a meeting with their respective students?

Hey @devansh30081999,

That’s right, using those credentials you can host any meeting on your account and others can join the meeting with those same credentials.

You would want to have the teacher host the meeting and then each student would be able to join with the Web SDK. With this method, you would create Users for the teachers under your account and then create meetings with them as the host.

From there, they can host from the Web SDK and students can join.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.