Not able start meeting as a host from parent zoom account

Hello I am using zoom web sdk. I have a parent account from which i have purchase almost 30 account. When i am scheduling meeting from parent account and making alternate host to other account. Then when i try to start meeting as a host from alternative account using web sdk. It is giving me error. But when i try to schedule a meeting a meeting from any other account and make alternative host to any other account, then i am able to start meeting from alternative host email. So pls resolve this issue.Hoping for your reply soon

Hey @premium,

Thanks for reaching out—happy to help look into this for you. As a first step, can I kindly ask that you share the error message you’re getting when trying to start a meeting as host? If you could share the signature you’re generating for this action as well, this would be helpful to take a closer look.

Thanks!
Will

Hello,
Signature key is UlUzclVYTmRUckdac0hsSEFDTmhIUS44NTM4ODk0OTAwMi4xNjAxMDI0NDc2ODA0LjEuazhpRHJsdWtxUm1DQkV4L3FRZXd0c2lQQm1jRlV4cElPYnJhVnpDK2Fsaz0

Hi @premium,

Thanks for providing a copy of your signature—in taking a look, I can see that this appears to be ok.

However, I just noticed that you mentioned earlier that you’re trying to start a meeting as host from a different account. To clarify, in order to start a meeting using the Web SDK, the credentials you’re using must be associated with the same account that the meeting was created under. It sounds like this might not be the case here.

Can you please double check this and let me know?

Thanks!
Will

We have created from premium account , make another id as a alternate host. So when starting meeting with alternate host it is giving error

Hey @premium,

Can you provide me with the account ID for the meeting and the userId for the alternative host?

Thanks!
Will

Hello,
account Id : premium@helloenglish.com
Alternate host id : teacher1@culturealley.com
Hope this will help you debug the problem

Hey @premium,

Since both of these users are under the same master account, teacher1 should be able to start the meeting as an alternative host. The alternative host can join the meeting using the standard join_url, and if they’re marked as an alternative host, they’ll be prompted to start the meeting upon joining.

If you’re running into an error when trying to start the meeting with teacher1 upon joining, can you share a screenshot/steps to reproduce?

Thanks,
Will

master account is premium. when i am scheduling with that making alternate host at teacher1. Then starting meeting from teacher 1 it is giving error. But with teacher 2 also part of master account , scheduling from teacher 2 and making alternate host as teacher 1 , then starting with teacher 1 is working. Hope now you will able to reproduce. This issue is only coming while using zoom web sdk not with zoom app.

Hey @premium,

Can you please share the following with me? So far I’m unable to reproduce this.

• Code snippets
  • Requests you’re making to designate alternative host
  • Screenshot of the error

Thanks,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.