Can you create zoom meetings that have limited seat count, where join links can only be redeemed/used once?

Description
Previous issue from 2 years ago: ZOOM REST API to create unique links

What we need:

1. Ability to create zoom meetings with a finite number of paid spots.
  2. Unique join links that can only be redeemed by the user they were sent to, to avoid unauthorized guests from joining the meeting and taking up a paid spot.

We want to be able to create meetings for instructors who fill in finite number of spots ahead of time. Users who paid for a spot will get the link to the class, which can only be redeemed by that user. What is the best way to implement this on top of the Zoom API? Is this functionality supported natively with the API, or do we need to keep track of our own state? How do we ensure that only a particular verified/paid user can use a zoom link?

Solutions that won’t work:

1. Using a meeting password. Passwords can be shared.
  2. Using a regular meeting link. Links can be shared.

Link should take into account the authorized/connected zoom user. Any Zoom user who did not get authorized for that meeting would not be able to join the meeting. Is there a waiting room API we can use to implement this? What is the most straightforward way using the Zoom API?

Thanks!

Error
N/A

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
Using standard OAuth (or JWT?) API to create meetings and seats programmatically.

Which Endpoint/s?
N/A

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
N/A

Screenshots (If applicable)
N/A

Additional context
This is a use-case question. If anyone could point me to the relevant API docs that address the specific use-case, that’d be great.

Hi @open,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

Based on your use case, I would recommend setting up registration for your meeting(s). You could programmatically approve/add registrants to your meeting, via API. When you have registration enabled for a meeting, this generates unique join_urls for each of your participants.

This could be done using these endpoints:
https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/meetings/meetingregistrantcreate https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/meetings/meetingregistrantstatus

Let me know if this helps,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.