Can't get refresh token at Account-level app AND OAuth app

Description

• Does the Account-level app need to authenticate every hour when the access token expires?
  • I can’t get refresh token at Account-level app AND OAuth app.
  • As the background, I would like to create an application that periodically acquires webinar reports from the customer’s Zoom account and reports them.

Error?
API /oauth/token expects access token and refresh token in response but doesn’t actually include refresh token

How To Reproduce

1. Request https://zoom.us/oauth/authorize?response_type=code&client_id={id}&redirect_uri={uri}
    #=> I log in to Zoom and be redirected to MyApp to get the code

2. Request

curl -X POST
-u {id:secret}
-H ‘Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded’
https://zoom.us/oauth/token?grant_type=authorization_code&code={code}&redirect_uri={uri}

#=> I can get access token but not refresh token.

{
“access_token”:“access token”,
“expires_in”:3599,
“scope”:“report:read:admin”
}

Hi @koseki
Thanks for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum, I am happy to help here!
To answer your questions:

• Does the Account-level app need to authenticate every hour when the access token expires?

If you are working with a Server-to-Server OAuth app, yes you need to send the request for a new access token every hour (or before it expires) BUT if you are talking about an OAuth Account-level app, ,you should be able to use the refresh_token to request a new access token everytime it expires but not re authenticate.

• I can’t get refresh token at Account-level app AND OAuth app.

Server-to-Server OAuth apps DO NOT have refresh tokens. You will need to send a request to the oauth endpoint every hour for a new access token.
The Oauth app should give you a refresh token in the initial response.

Now from the example that you shared, it looks like you are indeed missing the refresh token which is something I have not seen before.

To support you better please feel free to reach out to support here:

Open up a ticket with them and you can add the link to this thread and I will take a look from there!
Best,
Elisa

1 Like