Zoom Access Token Expiration for REST V2

Using this template helps us debug your issues more effectively :slight_smile:

Description
Trying to connect to our internal Data Integration product using REST V2 or Shell script and we keep getting access token errors after 1 hour.

Error
As per documentation on Zoom link, the Access token is supposed to be valid for 15 years, which is not the case. I have to manually get access token using a refresh token hourly.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAuth

Which Endpoint/s?
Daily Usage Reports - https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/reports/reportdaily

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
You can reproduce the behavior in Postman. The 2nd POST to get Access token expires Hourly. Need new refresh token to get a new access token hourly.

Screenshots (If applicable)
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem.

Additional context
Add any other context about the problem here.

Hi @hmalkan,

Thanks for reaching out about this—to clarify, the access_token is valid for 1 hour, while the associated refresh_token is valid for 15 years.

You will need to make a request to our /oauth endpoint using the original refresh_token that was retuned alongside the access_token from your initial request after 1 hour, in order to retrieve a new access_token and refresh_token pair:

Let me know if it helps to clarify,
Will

Hi Will,

I am trying to create a REST API connection. I am getting stuck at this point Refreshing the Access Token after an hour - https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/guides/auth/oauth#refreshing.

The steps mentioned in the document works inPostman and manually I can refresh access token using the original refresh token but not cannot automate it using REST API.

Hi @hmalkan,

Are you getting an error when calling one of our OAuth endpoints? Let me know if you can provide some additional details on where you’re getting stuck and I’ll be happy to help.

Thanks!
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.