Can't rotate meeting programmatically

Description
We have implemented zoom SDK. And now we have a feature request - to rotate the screen with a button. The problem is - Zoom’s ConfActivityNormal we extended from has overridden onConfigurationChanged function. And then we are trying to execute the setRequestedOrientation function - we have no configuration change at all in most cases.

Which Client Mobile SDK version?
v4.6.21666.0429

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Add button to zoom sample with setRequestedOrientation call.
  2. Try to change orientation by pressing the button.
  3. Orientation change does not work in most cases.

Smartphone (please complete the following information):

• Google pixel 3a API 30
  • Xiaomi mi4c API 25

Hi @MaddenBrain, thanks for using the dev forum.

To override the Activity, you should have your class extend the MeetingActivity class. Additionally, you will need to add the following resource to your config.xml file: <string name="zm_config_conf_activity">com.example.basicdemoapp.MyMeetingActivity</string>.

Thanks!

Already done this. Still have issue.

Hi @MaddenBrain,

At what point are you calling setRequestedOrientation? If it is called too early, the SDK may reset it, resulting it the appearance of your call having no effect.

Thanks!

It was called with UI button by user. Not too early, definitely. Even after a minute in a meeting it is not working.

Hi @MaddenBrain,

Thanks for confirming. Can you please try updating to the latest SDK version and letting me know if you are still seeing this behavior?

Thanks!

Unfortunately latest SDK version have too much UX changes, and have been declined by our QA team. We will be able to do it in future releases. And I will write in this thread after this.

Hi @MaddenBrain,

That is absolutely understandable. It appears that this behavior has changed at some point between the version you are using and the most recent version, so it will be significantly easier to handle setting the orientation on newer versions of the SDK. Please let me know if you experience any issues after you are able to upgrade. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.