Cant update SubAccount settings via API

Description
A clear and concise description of what the question is.

I have over 200 sub accounts and I would like to apply some default security settings that our team has decided on to each one of them. I use the “update settings” API to make an update and I get a 204 response code, however, the settings are not changed. I am just trying to update one setting as a test right now. Here is the powershell code I am using:

$headers=@{}
$headers.Add(“content-type”, “application/json”)
$headers.Add(“authorization”, “Bearer $JWT”)
response = Invoke-WebRequest -Uri "https://api.zoom.us/v2/accounts/($account.id)/settings" -Method PATCH -Headers $headers -ContentType ‘application/json’ -Body ‘{“schedule_meting”:{“host_video”:true}}’

Error
The full error message or issue you are running into.
No error, it just doesn’t update.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
Knowing the endpoint/s can help us to identify your issue faster. Please link the ones you need help/have a question with.
JWT

Which Endpoint/s?
Knowing the API endpoint/s can help us to identify your issue faster. Please link the ones you need help/have a question with.
I am using the update settings API on a test sub account we just created.

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Request URL / Headers (without credentials) / Body
  2. See error

Screenshots (If applicable)
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem.

Additional context
Add any other context about the problem here.

Hey @yaegerc,

So this setting is not switching to on when you make the request?

Thanks,
Tommy

Correct. None of the settings I try to change will do anything. I make the request, it responds with 204 meaning its made the updates, but then you go and check and no changes have been made.

Hey @yaegerc,

Not sure if this is a typo in your post or code but I noticed:

meeting is spelled wrong. It should be this:

PATCH -Headers $headers -ContentType 'application/json' -Body '{"schedule_meeting":{"host_video":true}}'

Thanks,
Tommy

Oh that’s interesting. I copied that from the code generation section of the Zoom API documentation. You guys might want to get that updated so it doesn’t trip anyone else up.

The page I am referring to is: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/accounts/accountsettingsupdate

and to see the misspelling enter something for your variables and pick PowerShell as the language under code generation.

1 Like

Hi @yaegerc,

Thanks for letting us know about this issue and thanks @tommy for pointing it out. I have fixed it in the API reference. Really appreciate your feedback.

Thanks again,
Shrijana