Capture live stream from custom streaming url

Can you please let me know about the data that is sending to the streaming URL and how to capture the content?

Hey @subeesh.n

Thanks for posting on the Zoom Devforum! I am still learning, but I will try my best to help answer your question. :slightly_smiling_face:

Checkout this related thread that may have the answer you are looking for:

If this thread did not help, please let us know by replying back here and someone from the Developer Relations team will get back to you shortly.

Thanks,
DeveloperBot

I need to do this without using third party applications. If you can please let me know more about the data sending to the streaming URL it would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Subeesh

Hi @subeesh.n,

At the moment, it’s not possible to capture live stream audio/video without using a third party application. While this is a great suggestion, you might consider posting a feature request in this channel: #feature-requests.

Thanks,
Will

Thanks Will for the reply.
Please let me know a bit more information

1. What is the actual purpose of Custom live streaming service?
  2. How can I use this Custom live streaming service to capture the video and store in my PC?
  3. What is the data sending to Stream URL of Custom live streaming service?
  4. Is there any possible way to capture the video with Zoom SDK?

Thank you,
Subeesh

Hey @subeesh.n,

Happy to clarify!

1. What is the actual purpose of Custom live streaming service?

The purpose of the Livestreaming capability is to allow you to livestream your meeting or webinar to a custom service (including Facebook, Youtube, etc.) However, the intention is not to use it to actually retrieve the video/audio data.

1. How can I use this Custom live streaming service to capture the video and store in my PC?

This is not the purpose—For downloading video to your PC, you should use our Cloud Recording function.

1. What is the data sending to Stream URL of Custom live streaming service?

Audio/Video is livestreamed through this service, but the data is not accessible to you.

1. Is there any possible way to capture the video with Zoom SDK?

Yes, you can utilize Cloud Recording when using the Zoom Web SDK. You can manage/retrieve Cloud Recordings for meetings using these API endpoints:
https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/cloud-recording/recordingget

I hope this helps, Subeesh!

Best,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.