Channel API, chat messages not workig for old channels

Hi

We are using Channel API to post messages to channels where the user is part of. However messages are getting posted to new channels, but for old channels where the user is already part of, its not working.

When we try the API we get success response and even the message Id, but the message is not posted. (This is happening only for old channels, but if I create a new channel and add the user to it, it will work for that channel.)

Hi @Developer8 ,

Can you please clarify what you mean by “new” and “old” channels? When were they created? Perhaps there was an update to the API and the timing can help us narrow down the source of the behavior.

Thank you,
Gianni

When I say old channel, its created almost an year ago, but the user from which I am trying to send the message is added today.

When I say new channel, the channel is created today and the user is also added today.

Okay @Developer8 , this sounds like a bug. Please report through support including the full API request/responses and supporting screenshots:

Thank you,
Gianni

Hi

we encountered the same problem. When sending a simple post message via API it is working only for some channels, although the newly created channels seem not to be working for us.
Endpoint: https://api.zoom.us/v2/chat/users/me/messages
post message:
{
“to_channel”: “<channel_id>”,
“message”: “ahhh test”
}

the response is always the same : 201 and the id of the message. But in some cases the message never shows up.
Any news on this?

Thanks in advance,
Anna