Chat bot that can play audio in a Zoom call

Hi! I’m looking to create a chat bot app for the marketplace that can play audio in a zoom call. Is it possible for chat bots to do this at the moment, or does the API not allow this? Alternatively, are there any other ways I can create an app that can be added to a call and play audio?

Thanks very much!

Cheers, Misha

Hey @mishacajic, thanks for posting and using Zoom!

Currently our Chatbots and Chat APIs are for Zoom Chat, and not In Meeting Chat.

As for creating an in meeting app that can play audio, you could have a “Bot user” of sorts Join a Zoom Meeting and play audio. To do this somewhat programmatically, you could use our SDKs.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,

Thanks for the reply! So through the SDK, would there be a way to invite the bot user to any in meeting chat, and receive commands through the chat to decide which audio to play? Such as, for example, a YouTube link.

Cheers

Hey @mishacajic,

There is no built in way to do this.

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Hey Tommy — related question. Our goal is for users in Zoom Meetings to be able to type “applause” into the chat, and depending on how many recent users have done so, the participants might hear quiet or loud applause. Is there a way of having a “bot user” join the meeting and play that role? Thanks!

Hey @jk11,

Please submit your feature request directly to our product team here: zoom.us/feed.

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks Tommy — to be clear, I’m not asking Zoom to build this feature, I’m asking whether the Zoom SDK would permit us to develop it for ourselves. Any guidance?

Hey @jk11,

This currently is not possible out of the box. But I could see how you could use the Zoom App Client, and make some sort of code / app that applauds so users could hear it in the meeting.

Thanks,
Tommy