Chatbot message head shows numeric value as link

We are developing a Chatbot app to send messages to our Zoom users. I need to put a file number in the header (see screenshot) but the file number shows as a link. This could confuse our users. Maybe Zoom thinks this number is a meeting number? Is there a way to code the Header so that file number does not render as a link?

Hers is the message code:

var model = new ZoomMessage
            {
                Content = new Content
                {
                    Head = new Head
                    {
                        Style = new Style
                        {
                            Bold = true,
                            Color = "#000000",
                            Italic = false
                        },
                        Text = $"DEV Task Created {messageData["FileName"]}"
                    },
                    Bodies = new List<Body>
                    {
                        new Body
                        {
                            Style = new Style {Bold = false, Color = "#000000", Italic = false},
                            Text = $"Description: {messageData["Description"]}",
                            Type = "message"
                        },
                        new Body
                        {
                            Style = new Style {Bold = false, Color = "#000000", Italic = false},
                            Text = $"Task Due Date: {messageData["DateDue"]}",
                            Type = "message"
                        },
                        new Body
                        {
                            Style = new Style {Bold = true, Color = $"{priorityColor}", Italic = false},
                            Text = $"Priority: {messageData["Priority"]}",
                            Type = "message"
                        }
                    }
                }
            };

Hey @richard.harper,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. It doesn’t look like there is a setting, either via the Zoom Web Portal settings or via the Chatbot messaging format that will prevent this meeting/phone number highlight feature.

If you would like this feature to be considered for a future release, I recommend posting in the #feature-requests category.

Thanks,
Max

Hi, @richard.harper,

Thank you for posting in the developer forum. Have you tired to create an escape function and then parse the array like suggested here?

Please give that a try and let us know how it goes.

Best,
Donte

Thanks for the reply, donte S. I am not sure what I would replace? The string I pass in is, for example “0123456789”. Apparently, per MaxM, Zoom is rendering this string formatted as a “meeting/phone number highlight”.
Please let me know if you think I am missing the point.

Thanks,
Richard

Hi, @richard.harper,

Correct, Zoom is rendering the string formatted as a “meeting/phone number highlight”. My thought behind the suggestion was that perhaps wrapping the object, which returns the meeting number, in an escape function may transform the numbers into a string – similar to the strings that come before it. You would not need to change anything except add a call to your escape function like so : escape ({messageData[“FileName”]} ). As a test, copy the numbers and append it to the end of ‘DEV Task Created’, to see if the numbers are rendered as expected. If wrapping the number in a escape function does not work, then @MaxM recommendation to post in the #feature-requests category is the best path forward.

Please let me know if you have questions about this.

Best,
Donte

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.