Chromebook App with Authorization Required broken

I may be stretching this topic’s connection to the Zoom API. We just added an integration for Authentication Configuration in our system, which does not work with the Chromebook App because of some glaring issues with the App.

I ask this here because the Zoom ticket system has never once produced a response for me in 6 months. Nor has it produced a response for our client who is also trying to report this issue.

When the meeting has Authorization Required, the Chromebook App properly pops up a message asking them to sign in. Clicking the “Sign In” button on the popup takes you to the sign in tab. If you sign in from here, the screen updates to a locked “Connecting…” UI display that never clears.

However, if you click “Leave” on the popup dialog saying that you have to sign in, then visit the Sign In tab and sign in, then click back to the Join a Meeting tab, you can click to join the meeting and it properly joins the meeting.

While this is a workaround, it is not an acceptable workaround. When 3000 young students are logging into Chromebooks for their 1st period class, they aren’t really the best at following complex directions. Any of these students not being in class is a serious issue.

Hey @edu_dev4,

I appreciate your reaching out here on the dev forum, however I’m afraid that this question is best suited for our Support team at support.zoom.us. Our sincere apologies for the delay in hearing back from them as they continue to handle a high number of requests.

Should you have any developer questions as they relate to the Zoom API directly, please don’t hesitate to let me know.

Thanks,
Will

Do you know who I have to pay and how much to get a response to a ticket?

Hey @edu_dev4,

Do you happen to have the ticket number you submitted to support? I’m happy to check in and make sure we can get someone to help with this.

Thanks,
Will

Thanks for the offer Will! It appears the issue has been addressed.

Hey @edu_dev4,

I’m happy to hear it!

Best,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.