Join Meetings via web SDK with "Require authentication to join" enabled throw an error "Joining meeting timeout"

Description
I use sample-app-web from zoom repo and already set the API key and API secret. I create scheduled meetings with Require authentication to join setting enabled. However, when I try to join as an attendee using the web SDK sample app from zoom, I got “Joining meeting timeout, Your connection has timed out and you cannot join the meeting. Verify your network connectivity and try again”. But if the “Require authentication to join” is disabled. The joining process is successful.

Browser Console Error

Which Web Meeting SDK version?
CDN2.0.1

Hey @mawan-fairtech,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. My understanding is that the Require Authentication to Join option only works with Webinars. If you would like this feature to be considered for meetings in a future release, I recommend posting in the #feature-requests category.

Thanks,
Max

Hi @MaxM, thanks for the quick response.

I read on the documentation page and zoom web SDK changelog that zoom meetings actually support Require authentication to Join option. Could you reconfirm that?

Thanks,
Mawan

Hey @mawan-fairtech,

My mistake, that’s correct, you can now join Meetings where authentication is required. I’m not seeing anything that you’re doing wrong here with the image provided.

I tested this on my end with 2.0.1 and was able to join the meeting as an attendee. Are you requiring Zoom authentication or something else? Does this behavior change if you use a different device or network?

I’ll check with our SDK team and see if they are aware of anything that can be done differently here.

Thanks,
Max

Hi @MaxM,

Thanks for your response. The issue happens when “registration required” & “Require authentication to join” are enabled.

Thanks,
Mawan

Hey @mawan-fairtech,

Thank you for your patience. So far, I haven’t been able to determine why this is happening. When you initially went through the authentication process, did you install the login help app on your account?

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.